Social media has taken the world by storm, why not use it to your advantage to help grow your insurance business?
Using social media to your advantage can not only make your life easier, but it can also escalate your career. As much as it might seem like a lot of extra work to use in your workflow, we guarantee that if you use it to your advantage and approach it from a practical standpoint, the benefits from it can be huge.
If you’re new to the social media world for your insurance company, that’s ok. The first step in all of this is to not get overwhelmed or rush the process. If you do, that can get you into more trouble than it’s worth. Start by picking two social media platforms, like Facebook and Twitter, to begin working on. Create your business accounts and make sure you understand your brand, your target audience, and how to speak and reach out to them. Make sure your profiles are consistent and reflect your brand. Make sure your whole team and advertisement team understand the brand and your voice before you begin posting and using social media. Create interesting content that represents your brand, company, what you specialize in, and what grabs your target audience’s attention. Post articles and information that pertains to your audience and their coverage.
Positively use social media. Support your community and your audience, don’t just try and sell something all the time. That will turn your audience off very quickly. Make sure you use social media to listen to your audience, what they want, what they find to be lacking, and how they think their coverage could be better. This is free constructive advice to help you offer what they need and prove that you’ve been listening. This will put you far ahead of your competitors and help you continue to gain more leads and new clientele. Always show the human side of your company and employees. Your clients want to be able to relate to who they’re working with, and social media is an exciting and unique tool to do so. With that in mind, we wanted to share a few more tips, ideas, and suggestions on how and why social media can help your insurance company grow and prosper.
- Not only can you stay connected to your community and your target audience, but you can also keep track of your competitors and see exactly what they’re doing, how they’re talking to the audience, and beyond. It’s a way to stay one step ahead and to keep your customers loyal to you.
- Listening to your audience can help create content, answer questions they’ve been asking, and offer special deals and opportunities. When you listen to your audience, its a show of appreciation and a way to validate their concerns and wishes.
- Make sure you’re paying attention to your analytics and data that your social media platforms collect for you automatically. It can give you an in-depth look into who your target audience is, when they are online, and where they are located. This can help you adjust your content and make it even more direct.
- Social media gives you a great opportunity to speak directly and naturally to your audience in unique ways. Use tools like going live on Facebook or your stories on Instagram to spend time speaking with your audience and answering their questions is a modern, fun, and relaxed environment. Don’t be afraid to get creative and don’t be afraid to use the tools you have. It can help your audience get to know you and your brand quicker.
- According to Agent Methods, even though it is one of the oldest platforms, Facebook is still one of the best tools to use for marketing and growing your business. Many companies think it is past its prime. So, good news for you, it is an underutilized tool waiting for you to take charge of.
- Make sure that your website is connected to all of your social media platforms and vice versa. A strong social media presence can be paramount to gain a ton of traffic to your website. Don’t hesitate to use a call to action in your content and your posts. Invite your audience to visit your website, and to visit all of your platforms. A call to action should be something frequently used when creating content.
- You can use social media to promote your excellent customer service. You will get a lot of questions, comments, and messages on your platforms. Make sure to answer all of them and promptly. Your audience and clientele will come to know that your platforms are a safe place to answer questions, to get answers, and know it will happen quickly. It can give your company and brand a consistent positive outreach and reputation.
Twitter and Facebook are incredible platforms for business right now. Twitter can be a very reliable source to not only share relevant and valuable information on what you offer, but it is also a great tool to keep up with the news and what is happening in the world. Knowing how your product can help during times of crisis and how your industry could be affected is all part of the job. You need to be there for your community as an insurance company, know how to speak with them and guide them, and how to prepare as a company for what’s coming. Using Twitter to do so can make this process as pain-free as possible. Facebook is becoming a tool for an older demographic. This demographic could be looking for new insurance policies or better opportunities than they have now as their children leave for college, as they retire, and so on. As we mentioned above, Facebook is an underutilized tool. These are great examples of potential clients just waiting for you to jump up and reach out. Why wouldn’t you use them?
Remember to use all social media platforms to build relationships. You want to show that you’re a reliable company that has families and needs just like your clients do. People want to trust who they’re working for, and that’s not a company that just promotes business and sales all the time. That is a cut off and robotic approach that will turn any audience away faster than you can say social media. It is a very unique time for social media. This year has driven us to our phones and homes than any in history. Why not use this time to connect to more people, build relationships, make more sales, and build your company? All you need to do is get started. Please continue to stay safe, and never hesitate to reach out and communicate with us. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.